Small fire at Sacred Heart Primary School
At approximately 10.50am today, the Principal of Sacred Heart Primary School Toowoomba, Mr Chris Rosentreter, notified Emergency Services of a small electrical fire originating from a stove top located in a prep classroom, that triggered the smoke alarm.
Emergency services attended the school and the incident was perfectly controlled with the small fire having already been extinguished.
There were no injuries as no student was in the class room at the time of the incident. Damage to the stove top was minimal.
The incident has been reported to the appropriate authorities and will be investigated in accordance with those authorities’ requirements. In addition parents are being notified today.