Queensland Catholic School Parents Collaborating for Success Biennial Conference
You, your staff and parents from your state, territory or diocese are warmly invited to attend the Queensland Catholic School Parents Collaborating for Success Biennial Conference in Townsville on June 8,9,10.
This conference is to build and strengthen a parent engagement community of practice.
Our conference will focus on the following...
Systems, Structures and Strategies - The Journey to Implement Systemic Family Engagement
For schools and districts around the world, family engagement is rapidly shifting from a low-priority recommendation to an integral part of education reform. As school and parent leaders consider how to engage families, it is essential to understand the critical role that partnerships between families and schools play in the support of academic achievement and school improvement. What does it look like when all stakeholders buy-in and commit to implementing sustainable family engagement strategies aligned to student learning?
Dr. Karen Mapp, Senior Lecturer on Education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education and Jenni Brasington, Senior Director of Family and Community Engagement for Scholastic Education will summarize the current family engagement research and highlight proven practices for creating an environment that fosters effective and authentic home school partnerships. Conference attendees will:
- Define family engagement and distinguish the difference between “involvement” and “engagement”
- Explore the core beliefs of family engagement
- Evaluate current practices and categorize family engagement strategies and initiatives
- Align family engagement strategies and practices to school and student learning goals
- Retool an upcoming family engagement event that builds the capacity of families to support learning at home
Please click on the link to the Conference website here to find out more and to register