Who We Are
Who We Are
Who we are
The Catholic Diocese of Toowoomba, founded on 28 May, 1929 covers four hundred and eighty-seven thousand square kilometres. When the Diocese was founded it covered all the territory in the southern part of Queensland south of the twenty-fifth degree of south latitude and west of the Auburn and Great Dividing Ranges. Later a portion east of the Great Dividing Range was added. These areas are more commonly known as the Darling Downs, the Granite Belt, Maranoa, Warrego and Gregory South Districts of Queensland.
As the largest of three services provided by Diocese of Toowoomba, Catholic Schools have the responsibility for the delivery of education in schools. It operates under the authority of an Executive Director, who has delegated authority from the Bishop of Toowoomba to provide leadership, management, and administration of schools within the Diocese of Toowoomba.
Key relationships of the Catholic Schools Office exist with the Bishop, Clergy, Catholic Schools Board, schools (both diocesan and Religious Institute owned), parishes, agencies and commissions within the Diocese and with similar bodies at state and national levels.
The Diocese of Toowoomba: Catholic Schools Office administers 31 schools teaching nearly 9,000 children in prep, primary and secondary classes with more than 1300 staff.Catholic Diocese of Toowoomba